Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
George W. French (1882-1970) photographed these hooked fish on display. French was responsible for photographing recreational scenes for his job at the Maine Development Commission. He worked at the Development Commission from 1936-1955.
French was born in Kezar Falls. He graduated from Bates College in 1908. Before his work at the Development Commission, French worked as a teacher and coach at Deerfield and Monson Academies.
About This Item
- Title: Fish on display, ca. 1930
- Creator: French, George Washington
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4015, Box 7
- Collection: George French and Fred Philpot photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.