Beach-goers, Ogunquit, ca. 1955
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This couple posed for George W. French at a beach in Ogunquit.
French worked as a photographer for the Maine Development Commission from 1936-1955. He was responsible for capturing Maine's economic and recreational scenes.
A native of Kezar Falls and a 1908 graduate of Bates College, French taught school in Maine and Massachusetts and worked for the Boy Scouts of America in New Jersey before becoming a professional photographer.
- Title: Beach-goers, Ogunquit, ca. 1955
- Creator: French, George Washington
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Town: Ogunquit
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: color reversal film
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4015, Box 7
- Collection: George French and Fred Philpot photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.