Contributed by Maine Historical Society
George W. French (1882-1970) took this photograph of a road through a birch forest in an unidentified location.
French worked as the official photographer for the Maine Development Commission from 1936-1955. He preferred to photograph outdoors and was keen on capturing art in nature.
About This Item
- Title: Road in birch forest, ca. 1935
- Creator: French, George Washington
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4015, Box 1
- Collection: George French and Fred Philpot photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.