Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This map was published circa 1676 and sold by Thomas Basset and Richard Chitwell, London publishers.
Printing on the reverse indicates it was published in an atlas.
It is attributed to John Speed who was the first notable British map and chart maker in the 17th century.
About This Item
- Title: Map of New England, New York, ca. 1676
- Creator: Speed, John
- Creation Date: circa 1676
- Subject Date: circa 1676
- Media: Map, hand colored
- Dimensions: 53 cm x 55 cm
- Local Code: Map F 496
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- New England--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800--17th century
- North America--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800--17th century
- Maine--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800--17th century
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.