Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
New England, New Belgium and Virginia, as produced by Johannes Jansson, ca. 1642. Jansson was the son-in-law of Dutch mapmaker Jodocus Hondius and along with his brother-in-law, produced many maps and atlases in the 17th century.
About This Item
- Title: Nova Anglia, Novum Belgium et Virginia
- Creator: Jansson, Johannes
- Creation Date: circa 1642
- Subject Date: circa 1642
- Media: Map, ink on paper
- Local Code: Map F 495
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800--17th century
- North America--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800--17th century
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.