Quartz-arc halogen lamp, ca. 1980
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Metal halide lamps became commercially viable in the 1960s, developed to produce more light than incandescent bulbs.
Metal halide lamps are used in light industrial buildings, sports stadiums, and street lighting, among other uses.
- Title: Quartz-arc halogen lamp, ca. 1980
- Creator: North American Phillips Corp.
- Creation Date: circa 1980
- Subject Date: circa 1980
- Media: Glass, metal
- Local Code: 2004.090.3267
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.