'E' neon glow bulb, ca. 1930
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Neon lamp technology was developed in the 1890s. In the 1930s, companies began forming the electrodes that contain the neon or argon gas into various shapes, including letters of the alphabet that could be combined to create signs.
- Title: 'E' neon glow bulb, ca. 1930
- Creator: General Electric Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Media: Glass, metal
- Local Code: 2004.090.4242
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.