Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Tungsten filaments became the standard for incandescent light bulbs. Tightly coiling the filaments as in this bulb extended the life of the bulb.
About This Item
- Title: Coiled tungsten filament bulb, ca. 1915
- Creator: General Electric Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Media: Glass, tungsten, brass
- Local Code: 2004.090.4250
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.