Coiled tungsten filament bulb, ca. 1915
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Tungsten filaments became the standard for incandescent light bulbs. Tightly coiling the filaments as in this bulb extended the life of the bulb.
- Title: Coiled tungsten filament bulb, ca. 1915
- Creator: General Electric Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Media: Glass, tungsten, brass
- Local Code: 2004.090.4250
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.