Coiled tungsten filament bulb, ca. 1915
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Tungsten filaments became the standard for incandescent light bulbs. Tightly coiling the filaments as in this bulb extended the life of the bulb.
- Title: Coiled tungsten filament bulb, ca. 1915
- Creator: General Electric Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Media: Glass, tungsten, brass
- Local Code: 2004.090.4250
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.