Tungsten filament lamp, ca. 1909
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This National Lamp Works (General Electric) bulb has a squirted and sintered tunsten filament. The process made the bulb more efficient than those with filaments made of tantalum.
However, tungsten filaments were brittle and could not be bent, so short segments were used and were attached to the support wires.
- Title: Tungsten filament lamp, ca. 1909
- Creator: National Lamp Works
- Creation Date: circa 1909
- Subject Date: circa 1909
- Media: Glass, metal, tungsten
- Local Code: 2004.090.4244
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.