Tantalum filament bulb, ca. 1904
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Early light bulb inventors competed to produce bulbs that were more efficient, gave more light, and lasted longer.
German inventors von Bolton and Feuerlien developed this bulb, with a filament made of element number 73, Tantalum, which had almost the same efficiency as metallized carbon, but was superior in strength.
- Title: Tantalum filament bulb, ca. 1904
- Creator: Sunbeam Lamp Co., Chicago
- Creation Date: circa 1904
- Subject Date: circa 1904
- Media: Glass, tantalum, brass
- Local Code: 2004.090.3264
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.