Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Magnus W. Alexander of the General Electric Company developed this first aid kit for electrical workers in 1914. The kits were distributed by the National Allied Safety Organization.
The kit is contained in a glass bowl "because it permits a more sanitary outfit than could be obtained by the ordinary wooden or metal box usually employed for first aid kits." The bowl also doubles as a washbasin.
About This Item
- Title: Electrical first-aid kit, ca. 1914
- Creator: National Allied Safety Organizations
- Creation Date: circa 1914
- Subject Date: circa 1914
- Media: Glass
- Local Code: 2004.090.0821
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.