Electrical first-aid kit, ca. 1914
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Magnus W. Alexander of the General Electric Company developed this first aid kit for electrical workers in 1914. The kits were distributed by the National Allied Safety Organization.
The kit is contained in a glass bowl "because it permits a more sanitary outfit than could be obtained by the ordinary wooden or metal box usually employed for first aid kits." The bowl also doubles as a washbasin.
- Title: Electrical first-aid kit, ca. 1914
- Creator: National Allied Safety Organizations
- Creation Date: circa 1914
- Subject Date: circa 1914
- Media: Glass
- Local Code: 2004.090.0821
- Collection: Central Maine Power Co.
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.