Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This glass insulator was used for low-voltage overhead electrical distribution wires.
Insulators keep electric current from "leaking" out of lines.
About This Item
- Title: Glass electrical insulator, ca. 1880
- Creator: Brookfield Glass Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Media: Glass
- Local Code: 2004.090.4383
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.