Glass electrical insulator, ca. 1880
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This glass insulator was used for low-voltage overhead electrical distribution wires.
Insulators keep electric current from "leaking" out of lines.
- Title: Glass electrical insulator, ca. 1880
- Creator: Brookfield Glass Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Media: Glass
- Local Code: 2004.090.4383
- Collection: Central Maine Power Co.
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.