Electrical insulator, ca. 1930
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This insulator is coated with a composite material containing particles of mica, a mineral also used to insulate early toaster elements, fuses, and switches.
Electrical insulators keep electrical current from "leaking" out of wires.
- Title: Electrical insulator, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Media: Ceramic, composite materials
- Local Code: 2004.090.4430
- Collection: Central Maine Power Co.
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.