Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This insulator is coated with a composite material containing particles of mica, a mineral also used to insulate early toaster elements, fuses, and switches.
Electrical insulators keep electrical current from "leaking" out of wires.
About This Item
- Title: Electrical insulator, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Media: Ceramic, composite materials
- Local Code: 2004.090.4430
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.