Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A labor agreement between Portland-based Cumberland County Power and Light and its railway employees, delineates wages, hours, holidays, and more. The workers were part of the Amalgamated Association of Street and Electric Railway Employees of America.
In 1917, a first year conductor made 29 cents per hour.
About This Item
- Title: Electric workers labor agreement, Portland, 1917
- Creation Date: 1917
- Subject Date: 1917
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 2115, Box 186/3
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Amalgamated Association of Street and Electric Railway Employees of America
- Central Maine Power Company
- Contract negotiations--Maine--Portland
- Labor unions--Maine--Portland
- Street railroads--Maine--Portland
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.