Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Usually, an electric meter is read and then the customer is billed for the electricity used.
In 1899, using the model of prepaid gas metering, General Electric adapted a Thomson Recording Wattmeter with an external collection device; the customer paid in advance.
Many manufactures followed with models of their own.
About This Item
- Title: Prepay electric meter, 1907
- Creator: General Electric Co.
- Creation Date: 1907
- Subject Date: circa 1907
- Media: M
- Local Code: 2004.090.0545
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219