Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Developed by Thomas Duncan for alternating current arc-lamp systems, this meter measures the number of amperes consumed by a series of 10 lamps over time.
Companies supplying electric power sought a meter that would accurately record all types of usage.
About This Item
- Title: Fort Wayne-Duncan ampere-hour meter, 1895
- Creator: Fort Wayne Electric Co.
- Creation Date: 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Media: Metal, glass
- Local Code: 2004.090.1400
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.