Westinghouse Shallenberger ampere-hour meter, ca. 1897
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This early electrical meter was based on the principle of rotating magnetic fields within the coil of the meter, those fields being used to turn the wheels of the meter in order to measure the amount of electric charge flowing through, and it worked equally well for direct current and alternating current systems, but did not account for load and did not work well with motors.
- Title: Westinghouse Shallenberger ampere-hour meter, ca. 1897
- Creator: Westinghouse Electrical & Manufacturing Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1897
- Subject Date: 1897
- Media: Metal, glass
- Local Code: 2004.090.0553
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.