Rubber electrical worker gloves, ca. 1935
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Roland S. Rand, a Central Maine Power Co. employee, used these rubber gloves that carry a CMP logo on them.
Rand carried the gloves, along with a pair of leather ones, in a canvas pouch with his name on it. They were part of a lineman's safety equipment.
Rand was CMP's district manager for the Lewiston-Auburn region in the 1950s.
- Title: Rubber electrical worker gloves, ca. 1935
- Creator: White Rubber Corp., Ravenna, Ohio
- Creation Date: circa 1950
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Media: Rubber, leather, suede, canvas, brass
- Dimensions (cm): 23 x 54
- Local Code: 2004.090.3060
- Collection: Central Maine Power Co.
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.