Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
General Electric Co. manufactured this automatic pop-up toaster that has adjustments for the length of toasting and a switch to stop the toast from popping up.
The toaster was one of the appliances promoted and sold by electric utilities such as Central Maine Power Co.
About This Item
- Title: Pop-up toaster, ca. 1946
- Creator: General Electric Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1946
- Subject Date: circa 1946
- Media: Steel, chrome, bakelite
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 29 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: 2004.090.0085
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.