York County Power Co. employees, Biddeford, 1914
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Employees of York County Power Co. are, from left, Ferdinand Octavius Bouthilette, also known as Pat Brown, the Biddeford Appliance credit manager; Ella E. Tarbox, bookkeeper and later office clerk; Marjoline Patten, office bookkeeper; Albert Cartier, store salesman and office boy; Elna Campbell, office bookkeeper; Frances E. Googins, supervisor of office bookkeeping; Jeremy G. Shaw, one of the company's founders; William E. Shaw, son of the founder and manager of the Biddeford office; Frances Buzzell, office bookkeeper; and Eve Cartier, Biddeford Store cashier. Jeremy Shaw founded York Light & Heat Co., which was incorporated March 12, 1891. The utility later became York County Power Co., then became part of Cumberland County Power & Light in 1914, and finally, part of Central Maine Power Co.