Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Horace W. Shaylor Jr. (1870-1952) started the Shaylor Engraving Co. on Middle Street in Portland. The name of the business is written on the photograph.
He was the son of Horace W. Shaylor Sr. who started a system of teaching penmanship and who was an artist.
About This Item
- Title: Shaylor Engraving Company, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21.5 cm x 16.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2538, Box 1/7
- Collection: Shaylor family collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Portland
- Middle Street (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Portland (Me.)--Streets--Middle--Photographs
- Stanley Steamer automobile
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.