'A Calendar of Stray Thoughts,' ca. 1900
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Horace W. Shaylor of Portland illustrated this booklet of mottoes and quotations.
The booklet was to be issued in a series, one for each month of the year. It has a blank page opposite the illustrated date page.
This booklet is for January; it has 30 illustrated pages. The booklets cost 50 cents a copy, or three for a dollar.
Shaylor (1845-1925) created a system of handwriting and was an artist.
- Title: 'A Calendar of Stray Thoughts,' ca. 1900
- Creator: Shaylor, Horace W.
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Media: ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20.5 cm x 16 cm x 0.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2538, Box 1/7
- Collection: Shaylor family collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.