Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Horace W. Shaylor (1845-1925) of Portland, an artist and developer of a system of handwriting and writing instruction, drew this pencil sketch of a covered bridge leading to Hiram and a blacksmith shop.
Many of Shaylor's drawings are of Maine landscapes; he preferred to spend his spare time sketching outdoors.
About This Item
- Title: Hiram Bridge pencil drawing, 1909
- Creator: Shaylor, Horace W.
- Creation Date: 1909-08-19
- Subject Date: 1909
- Town: South Hiram
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: pencil on paper
- Dimensions: 25.5 cm x 16.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2538, Box 1/5
- Collection: Shaylor family collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bonney Meadows
- Covered bridges--Maine--South Hiram
- Forge shops--Maine--South Hiram
- Landscape drawings--Maine--South Hiram
- South Hiram
- Warren's Bridge (S. Hiram, Me.)--Drawings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.