Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This Horace W. Shaylor drawing is of two birds watching over three eggs in a nest. The drawing is one of a series of copies used as practice tools for studying illustration.
Shaylor (1845-1923), a native of Ohio, moved to Portland in 1861 and began teaching in a business school. He developed a system of handwriting. He was also a talented artist.
About This Item
- Title: Shaylor drawing for teaching illustration, 1876
- Creator: Shaylor, Horace W.
- Creation Date: 1876
- Subject Date: 1876
- Media: ink on paper
- Dimensions: 25.6 cm x 21.6 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2538, Box 1/1
- Collection: Shaylor family collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.