Contributed by Maine Medical Center Archives
Jeannette L. Allen of Freeport, ME., was a graduate of the Maine General Hospital Training School for Nurses, Class of 1891. During that year, the Superintendent of Nurses heard 104 class recitations and gave 40 lessons in elementary massage, and 12 lessons in sick cookery in the kitchen of the hospital.
Maine General Hospital is a predecessor of Maine Medical Center.
About This Item
- Title: Jeanette Allen, MGH Training School for Nurses
- Creator: Ye Longfellow Gallery
- Creation Date: circa 1891
- Subject Date: circa 1891
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16.5 cm x 11 cm
- Local Code: P03.01.07
- Collection: MGH/MMC School of Nursing Individuals
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Medical Center Archives
22 Bramhall Street, Portland, ME 04102
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.