Letter about Abenaki village raid, 1721
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This letter was written by Johnson Harmon and Joseph Heath to Col. Goffe recounting a raid on the settlement at Norridgewock where Jesuit priest Father Sebastien Rasles (Rale) lived.
- Title: Letter about Abenaki village raid, 1721
- Creator: Harmon, Johnson
- Creation Date: 1721-01-21
- Subject Date: 1721-01-21
- Town: Brunswick, Norridgewock
- County: Cumberland, Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 365 Box 1/9
- Collection: Doggett Family papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Dummer's War, 1721-1727--Manuscripts
Rasles, Sebastien, 1657-1724
Indians of North America--Maine--History
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.