Contributed by Diana Letellier through Sebago Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
In this letter, Sergeant Walter Rounds, Co I, 31st Maine Infantry, writes to cousin Abbie Rounds telling her he loves to get letters from her.
Rounds also writes that he wants to see the reelection of President Lincoln and the crushing of the Confederate Rebellion.
About This Item
- Title: Walter Rounds Letter to his Cousin Abbie, 1864
- Creator: Rounds, Walter
- Creation Date: 1864-09-29
- Subject Date: 1864-09-29
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: W.WR.7
- Collection: Diana Letellier: Family Letters
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Rounds, Walter--Correspondence
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 31st (1864-1865). Company I
- Rounds, Walter
- Rounds, Abbie M.
- Bacheldor, Joseph
- Lincoln, Abraham
- Sherman, William Tecumsah
- Sheridan, Philip H.
- Grant, Ulysses S.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.