Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
William Allen of Norridgewock wrote this essay expressing his opposition to dueling as "barbarian" on June 28, 1837.
He was the clerk of the Supreme Judical Court of Somerset County beginning in 1824.
About This Item
- Title: Essay on dueling, 1837
- Creator: Allen, William
- Creation Date: 1837-06-28
- Subject Date: circa 1870
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: Coll. S-1888, Misc. Box 88/13
- Collection: William Allen Norridgewock manuscripts
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.