Contributed by John Micavich through Sebago Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Charles Cole of Sebago was enrolled as a soldier in the company commanded by David Brown and ordered to appear at the Sebago Town House at 9 a.m. on September 10, 1862 to be enlisted in a Civil War regiment.
On Sept. 29, he enlisted in Co. K of the 25th Maine Infantry, a nine-month regiment. He was 18 years old.
About This Item
- Title: Militia call-up notice, Sebago, 1862
- Creator: Sawyer, Peter W.
- Creation Date: 1862-09-06
- Subject Date: 1862-09-06
- Town: Sebago
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 13.3 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: W.CC.28
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Cole family
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 25th (1862-1863)
- Cole, Charles H.--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.