Contributed by John Micavich through Sebago Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Cole's notice came from the Sebago Company of Enrolled Militia. He is ordered to report to the Union Meeting House in Sebago at 9 AM on September 17, 1862 and to proceed to Portland and the place of Rendezvous for further orders. A place of Rendezvous is an assembly point for troops.
About This Item
- Title: Charles W. Cole's Draft Notice
- Creator: Brown, David
- Creation Date: 1862-09-15
- Subject Date: 1862-09-16
- Town: Portland, Sebago
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 18.4 cm
- Local Code: W.CC.27
- Collection: John Micavich: Charles Cole's Civil War Letters
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Cole, Charles H.
- Cole family
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 25th (1862-1863)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.