Maine General Hospital, Portland, ca. 1938
Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A Tichnor Brothers postcard from about 1938 shows Maine General Hospital in Portland, which opened in 1874 on Arsenal Street.
It was built using the more advanced hospitals in New York and Boston as guides. At the time of the opening, rates ranged from $7 to $25 per week.
The caption reads, "Maine General Hospital and Western Promenade, Portland, Me."
- Title: Maine General Hospital, Portland, ca. 1938
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings