Fort Allen Park, Portland, ca. 1938
Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A Tichnor Brothers postcard of Fort Allen Park in Portland from around 1938. The park, which opened in 1890, was built around artillery batteries from the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812. The bandstand, also built in 1890, was designed by Albert Winslow Cobb and John Calvin Stevens. A rehabilitation of the park began in 2013.
The caption reads, "Fort Allen Park, Portland, Maine."
- Title: Fort Allen Park, Portland, ca. 1938
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions (cm): 9 x 14
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings