Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Lt. Col. William K. Kimball of the 12th Maine Volunteers wrote to Gen. George F. Shepley, Military Commandant of New Orleans on May 13, 1862 to report that the troops stationed at the Mint in New Orleans had seized a variety of naval ordinance at the Naval Laboratory.
Kimball wrote that he awaited orders for its disposal.
About This Item
- Title: Report on seized ordnance, New Orleans, 1862
- Creator: Kimball, William K.
- Creation Date: 1862-05-13
- Town: New Orleans
- State: LA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 24.7 cm x 19.7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 117, Box 1/3
- Collection: George F. Shepley Papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 12th (1861-1864)
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Seizures--Louisiana--New Orleans
- War destruction & pillage--Louisiana--New Orleans
- Military service--1860-1870
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865--Equipment & supplies
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.