Alumni Gymnasium, Farmington State Normal School, ca. 1946
Alumni Gymnasium was opened at Farmington State Normal School in 1931.
Prior to the new building's existence, the school used the basement of Merrill Hall for exercise classes, and the school's basketball team had to rent a hall for home games and played in various places. This new school gym allowed not only athletic events, but dances and other entertainments to be held on campus.