Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This poem written by Joseph Bradford from the Headquarters of the 32nd Maine Regiment is about the Battle of Fredericksburg, the Irish Brigade, and a fallen Irish soldier.
About This Item
- Title: Sprig of Green poem
- Creator: Bradford, Joseph
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Subject Date: 1862
- Town: Fredericksburg
- State: VA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. S-5890, Misc. Box 152/7
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Fredericksburg, Battle of, 1862
- Irish Americans
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.