Sawing Winter Cordwood, Sabbathday Lake, ca. 1905
Contributed by United Society of Shakers
Pictured from left to right at Sabbathday Lake are Frank Carpenter, hired man, and Brothers Hiram Bailey, John Dorrington (b. 1878) and John Pine (b. 1875).
The saw in the photograph was purchased in the 1890s. Elder Delmer Wilson built the gasoline engine that powered it.
- Title: Sawing Winter Cordwood, Sabbathday Lake, ca. 1905
- Creator: Wilson, Delmer Charles
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Local Name: Sabbathday Lake
- Town: New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Slide from a glass-plate negative
- Local Code: ITE 39
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
United Society of Shakers
707 Shaker Road, New Gloucester, ME 04260
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Shakers--Social life and customs
United Society of Shakers--Maine
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.