Contributed by Lewiston Public Library
Edward Little High School, at the corner of Academy and High streets in Auburn, was built in 1874 on the same site as the original Lewiston Falls Academy.
The statue of Edward Little was erected in 1877 and done by Maine sculptor Franklin Simmons. Made of bronze it stands on a granite base.
The statue originally stood in front of the school shown in this photograph but was later moved to the park facing Main Street.
About This Item
- Title: Edward Little High School, Auburn, ca. 1874
- Creation Date: circa 1874
- Subject Date: circa 1874
- Town: Auburn
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: phototransparency
- Dimensions: 2.25 cm x 3.5 cm
- Collection: Gridley Barrows Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Lewiston Public Library
200 Lisbon Street, Lewiston, ME 04240
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Edward Little High School (Auburn, Me.)--Photographs
- Edward Little (Statue)
- Lewiston Falls Academy (Auburn, Me.)
- Architecture, buildings & monuments
- Education & schools
- Education - Auburn
- Education - Maine
- Lewiston Falls Academy
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.