Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This fife was used by John Robbins when he was a drummer in the Civil War. It is made of brown spun wood with brass rings attached at the ends. Six smaller holes tone towards end and larger blow hole opposite.
- Title: B-flat fife
- Creator: Christman, C. G.
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- State: ME
- Media: Brass, walnut or rosewood
- Dimensions (cm): 43 x x 2
- Local Code: 4082*a
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.