Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This fife was used by John Robbins when he was a drummer in the Civil War. It is made of brown spun wood with brass rings attached at the ends. Six smaller holes tone towards end and larger blow hole opposite.
About This Item
- Title: B-flat fife
- Creator: Christman, C. G.
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- State: ME
- Media: Brass, walnut or rosewood
- Local Code: 4082*a
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Wind instruments
- Woodwind instruments
- Musical instruments
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Drum and bugle corps
- Art, literature & entertainment
- Fife and drum corps
- Home, domestic life & personal possessions
- Museum objects
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.