Contributed by Sebago Historical Society
William Brown of Sebago, a solider in the 25th Maine Regiment, wrote to Benjamin Cole, father of fellow solider Charles Cole, who died of typhoid fever, to assure him that Charles received the best care possible and he died a pious man.
He wrote that Charles was now with his Heavenly father and free from cares and troubles.
About This Item
- Title: Brown assurances about Pvt. Charles Cole's death, Georgetown, 1863
- Creator: Brown, William S.
- Creation Date: 1863-01-09
- Subject Date: 1863-01-09
- Town: Sebago
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 13 cm
- Collection: John Micavich: Charles Cole Civil War letters
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Cole, Charles H.--Death and burial
- Cole family
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 25th (1862-1863)
- Brown, William S.--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.