Elzira Haley letter to her father, William Haley Jr., 1865
Contributed by Sebago Historical Society
Elzira, age 15, writes to her father, William Haley, Jr. that her little brother Billy was sick with fits for two days. Her mother and uncle took him to see Dr. Robins and now he is better and has not “had any of them spells yet.”
She adds that she likes her school and new teacher Annette Smith from Steep Falls and fills him in on the local gossip.
- Title: Elzira Haley letter to her father, William Haley Jr., 1865
- Creator: Haley, Elzira M.
- Creation Date: 1865-06-18
- Subject Date: 1865-06-18
- Local Name: Convene, Steep Falls
- Town: Gorham, Portland, Sebago, Standish
- County: Cumberland, Cumbetrland
- State: ME
- Media: pencil and paper
- Dimensions (cm): 20 x 12.5
- Local Code: W4.15
- Collection: Haley Family Letters
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Social aspects
Fathers and daughters
Haley, William H.--Correspondence
United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.