William H Martin's monthly return summary, 1864-65
Contributed by Sebago Historical Society
A page of William H Martin's Monthly Returns record includes a note that he was arrested and held in Portland in 1864. The Adjutant General required that a record be kept of all soldiers’ whereabouts month to month.
Listen to a family story about William Henry Martin
- Title: William H Martin's monthly return summary, 1864-65
- Creator: Dalton,
- Creation Date: June 1864 - April 1866
- Subject Date: June 1864 - April 1866
- Town: Hart's Island, Portland, Savannah, Sebago
- County: Cumberland, Cumberland
- State: GA, ME, NY
- Media: ink and paper
- Dimensions (cm): 21.6 x 16.5
- Local Code: W.WHM2
- Collection: Military Records, Washington, DC
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.