Contributed by Sebago Historical Society
Listen to a family story about William Henry Martin
A page of William H Martin's Monthly Returns record includes a note that he was arrested and held in Portland in 1864. The Adjutant General required that a record be kept of all soldiers’ whereabouts month to month.
About This Item
- Title: William H Martin's monthly return summary, 1864-65
- Creator: Dalton
- Town: Hart's Island, Portland, Savannah, Sebago
- County: Cumberland, Cumberland
- State: GA, ME, NY
- Media: ink and paper
- Dimensions: 21.6 cm x 16.5 cm
- Local Code: W.WHM2
- Collection: Military Records, Washington, DC
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 12th (1861-1864)
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Recruiting and enlistment, etc.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.