Contributed by Franco-American Collection
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The swimming pool at St. Joseph's Orphanage in Lewiston was a relatively late addition to the facilities - the result of a donation by a local businessman.
Outdoor recreation did not form a large part of the curriculum at the orphanage, partly due to its urban location, and partly because the small staff of nuns did not have the resources to supervise large groups of children outside.
About This Item
- Title: Swimming pool, St. Joseph's Orphanage, Lewiston, 1963
- Creator: Modern Photo Service, Lewiston
- Creation Date: 1963-07-02
- Subject Date: 1963-07-02
- Town: Lewiston
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Franco-American Collection
USM, 51 Westminster Street, Lewiston, ME 04240
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Swimming pools--Maine--Lewiston
- Catholic churches--Maine--Lewiston
- St. Joseph's Orphanage (Lewiston, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.