Located on the east bank of Royal River's "Third Falls," Yarmouth Paper Co. built these wooden buildings in 1872, following a fire at the original mill on the site.
The buildings are labeled, from left, Work Shop, Black Ash, Black Ash, Rotary Room and Machine Room & Office. At far right, the men are labeled, from left, "E. Humphrey (died May 14, 1915), F.A. True, and Wm. Thoits died.
Renamed Forest Paper Co. in 1874, the mill was the first in new England to produce soda pulp for paper production.
The original buildings soon were replaced with brick ones and these wooden buildings were put out of commission or torn down.