Instructors building, Little Chebeague Island, 1947
Contributed by National Archives at Boston
Instructors at the Navy's firefighter school on Little Chebeague Island in Casco Bay used this building during World War II.
Many escort ships trained in Casco Bay and the Navy occupied Little Chebeague mostly to provide recreation for sailors. It also operated a firefighter school there to teach sailors to fight shipboard fires.
- Title: Instructors building, Little Chebeague Island, 1947
- Creator: Swan, Clifford
- Creation Date: 1947-10-11
- Subject Date: 1947-10-11
- Local Name: Little Chebeague Island
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 7.6 x 13.3
- Local Code: ARC #607653, Box 30, 23/06/09-6
- Collection: Record Group 270: Records of the War Assets Administration; Real Property Disposal Case Files
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
National Archives at Boston
380 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02452
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Military bases, American
United States. Navy.
Military training--Maine--Little Chebeague Island
Buildings--Maine--Little Chebeague Island
Little Chebeague Island (Me.)
Schools--Maine--Litte Chebeague Island
Casco Bay (Me.)
Fire prevention--Study and teaching--Maine
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.