Fort Western and Block House, Augusta, ca. 1938
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The caption reads, "Fort Western and Block House, built 1754, Augusta, Maine." Fort Western was built as a trading post along the Kennebec River. The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard about 1930-1945. It was part of the Tichnor Brothers Maine series of postcards that they created to bolster tourism, in Maine.