Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A 1930s Tichnor Brothers, Inc. postcard aimed at tourists visiting Vacationland.
The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard circa 1938 as part of their Maine series. These, and other postcards, by the Tichnor Brothers Company are officially known as the Tichnor Gloss Series because the photographs were notoriously retouched on such a level that does not allow the postcards to be classified as photographs or paintings. The caption reads, "Greetings from Maine."
About This Item
- Title: NOT IDENTIFIABLE AS MAINE Greetings from Maine, ca. 1938
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- State: ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116