Contributed by Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library
Second Lt. Charles Garcelon of Co. I, 16th Maine Infantry, wrote to his aunt Jane Waldron in Lewiston, commenting on seeing his uncle, her husband Capt. William H. Waldron, also of the 16th Maine, and about various family and friends.
He wrote that the regiment left camp to attack the Rebels, but the attack was canceled because of heavy rain.
About This Item
- Title: Charles Garcelon to aunt on friends, family, Virginia, 1863
- Creator: Garcelon, Charles A.
- Creation Date: 1863-02-02
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: MC106 E
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library
Bates College, 70 Campus Avenue, Lewiston, ME 04240-6018
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Garcelon, Charles A.--Correspondence
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 16th (1862-1865). Company F
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.