Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A small business card advertises the services of the Maine Soldiers' Relief Association and the Maine State Agency Sanitary Commission in Washington, D.C.
The agencies provided assistance to soldiers and their families in getting pay, receiving packages and mail, getting furloughs and leaves, and other issues.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Soldiers' Relief Association card, Washington, ca. 1863
- Creation Date: circa 1863
- Subject Date: circa 1863
- Town: Washington
- State: DC
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 5.6 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1533, Box 2/2
- Collection: Maine Agency Sanitary Commission records
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bounties, Military--United States--Cases
- Bounties--Military--19th century
- Maine Agency Sanitary Commission
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Medical aspects of war
- Military assistance
- Military leaves and furloughs
- United States Sanitary Commission
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- War casualties
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.