Anna Weed letter offering services as nurse, Carmel, 1864
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Mrs. Anna Weed of Carmel wrote to Benjamin H. Hinds of the Maine Agency Sanitary Commission offering her services as a nurse in a Washington, D.C., area military hospital.
She said she was volunteering in "some capacity where I can be useful, and benefit the condition of our sick, wounded & dying soldiers."
Anna Weed was a widow, listed in the 1880 census as a dressmaker.
- Title: Anna Weed letter offering services as nurse, Carmel, 1864
- Creator: Weed, Anna
- Creation Date: 1864-10-19
- Town: Carmel
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20.4 cm x 12.4 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1533, Box 2/1
- Collection: Maine Agency Sanitary Commission
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings