Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John P. Sheahan, 1st lieutenant of Co. E., 31st Maine Infantry, wrote to his father in Dennysville asking for money. He said he needed it because he was to be married soon and needed clothes.
Sheahan wrote that the government owned him $600, but he could not get it yet.
Sheahan married Lizzie Shriver of Westminster, Maryland, on July 16, 1865.
About This Item
- Title: Lt. John Sheahan on need for money, Virginia, 1865
- Creator: Sheahan, John P.
- Creation Date: 1865-07-01
- Subject Date: 1865
- Town: Dennysville
- County: Washington
- State: ME, VA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20.2 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 184, Box 1/10
- Collection: John Parris Sheahan papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.